Saturday, December 26, 2009

I spilled nail polish on my carpet?

its a really dark red color on light biege carpet, i worked at it with water, nail polish remover, and hair spray and it went from a light bulb size to a baseball glove size. its much lighter but i can still see it very clearly. i bought this stuff called goof-off but i'm afraid to use it because my mom will smell it and i'm trying to wait until late a night when my parents are asleep. is goof off a waste of time? any other advice?I spilled nail polish on my carpet?
Blot up as much as possible with a tissue or anything handy.


Test the effect of non oily nail polish remover on an inconspicuous part of the carpet.


If there are no ill effects to the carpet pile, apply the nail polish remover


with an eye dropper or a non silver spoon, blotting immediately after each application. Always use non oily nail polish remover.


If regular nail polish remover does not work, buy straight acetone at a beauty supply house, pretest again, and apply as directed as above.


Once you have removed as much as possible follow with Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover, applied according to directions. If colour staining remains, apply hydrogen peroxide to bleach or lighten the stain.I spilled nail polish on my carpet?
YOu could try something like this http://www.thehardwarecity.com/?sku=3449鈥?/a>
You should rent a steamer. It will take out the stain and make ur carpet clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment