Saturday, January 23, 2010

I dont have nail polish remover how do i make my own?

I really dont have any and i just did my nails since i was bored %26amp; it came out ugly is there anything i can do 10 pnts to someone who gets it offI dont have nail polish remover how do i make my own?
* Any product containing acetone or methyl-ethyl-ketone (MEK) will remove nail polish. This can include many paint-thinning or removal products, including lacquer thinner. However, these products can rapidly dehydrate human skin, and are highly inflammable.





In addition, pure acetone has a flash point similar to gasoline (petrol) and vapours can be ignited by a nearby flame... it can also dissolve lots of common plastics....





* Consumer nail polish remover is actually 60% acetone. But the remainder is moisturizers and water to reduce the impact on the skin, and to make it safer to use....





* Polish can also be dissolved with more (wet) nail polish. It is recommended that this be done with clear nail polish, one finger at a time.





* While DEET, the active ingredient in insect repellent, may also be effective, it is not recommended; it is also very damaging to many household plastics.





* Another alternative is to use use peel-off nail polish instead.





I hope to get the 10ptsI dont have nail polish remover how do i make my own?
yeah, the people who said wiping off a new coat of really wet polish are right. it works really good. but rubbing alcohol doesn't work as said above. I wish i knew that a couple days ago because I had the same situation as you and I tryed the alcohol and it dried my hands out.
You can actually use polish over it and wipe right away with a kleenex to take most of it off but you will have to repeat around the edges to get it all. The key is wiping while the new coat is wet.
This is just a hypothesis but i know germ x (hand sanitizer) takes off sharpie so maybe it will take off nail polish. Lemme no if it works!
I know this may seem odd, but applying more and wiping it off while it's still wet can get some off. If you have acetone, that will work too.
rubbing alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment