Monday, May 10, 2010

Can you put nail polish on a parakeets nails?

NO, they will feel it %26amp; chew it off %26amp; eat it, %26amp; it will be poison to them! Why on EARTH would someone want to paint a birds nails????Can you put nail polish on a parakeets nails?
Yes and no, yes because you want your bird to be pretty and attractive. I also say no because there could be chemicals in the polish that could harm your bird. He or she could peel it off and eat it and could become severely sick. Good luck!Can you put nail polish on a parakeets nails?
eeew that is just grose and anyway you are not supposed to do that.
No, it's highly poisonous to them. They shouldn't even be in the same room as an open bottle.
Dont use nail polish, the bird will eat it, if you have to use a colour why not rather food colouring. Personally I would not paint my birds nails.
I don't see a problem with it. I don't think that they can pick at their nails like dogs do and I see people paint their cats and dogs nails all the time. If you're really worried about it, call the vet they won't charge for a quick and simple question like that but I'm pretty sure the parakeet will be fine.
why the heck would u want 2 do that if ur doin it 4 looks its not gona work out but if ur doin 2 poisin ur bird then u shouldnt but u can
Unfortunately, the fumes are not safe for birds and the polish can be harmful if ingested. Parakeets (budgies) are tiny birds with very sensitive little bodies. Sorry about that.
NO!!!
Birds are very sensitive to fumes. Most of the diseases that birds catch are caught through the air. I don't know how toxic the fumes are from nail polish, but as a general rule if I can smell something I wont use it around my birds. This includes perfume, room deodorizers, bleach, etc. In fact I wont even paint my own nails in the same room as my parrots.





Did you know that cooking near your bird with non-stick cookware (anything with Teflon) can kill them instantly, or cause them to get violently ill and pass within seven days? It's a very tricky thing because you can cook with it for months and have no problem, and then one day it just hits them...It is because of a chemical reaction that occurs when Teflon is heated. The chemical that is created by the heated Teflon will float throughout a room similar to smoke, and may completly miss your bird, or may go straight towards him.





I wouldn't recommend it. Realize that your birds respitory system is very fragile. Having a pretty painted bird is great, but having a happy healthy one is better.
I used to have a cockatoo and we would paint her nails until we found out that she could pick and scratch it off. i don't know if it would harm her but i do know that she has eaten some but i didn't want to do it enough to find out.
why would you want to polish a birds nails.I wouldnt the chemicals in the polish may be harmful to birds.
i would not do that!! the bird would chew it off,and end up getting sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment